National Young Coaches Academy – Friday 4th January – Sunday 6th January 2013 – Loughborough University
Does your County have the next generation of young coaching talent within its realms?! If so, we’d really like you to encourage those young coaches to apply to attend the next Youth Sport Trust National Young Coaches Academy.
BADMINTON England was involved in the academy for the first time in February 2012, and have been invited again this year to select our 20 most promising young coaches to attend in 2013. We expect the interest in the academy to be extremely high and therefore we are inviting young people to apply now. All applications that we receive will be taken to a BADMINTON England panel who will make the ultimate decision on who should be offered places.
The National Young Coaches Academy is a professional development experience aimed specifically at young coaches. During the weekend the young coaches will attend action pack and fun sessions to help develop their coaching, and will also hear from world leading coaches on their own coaching journey.
Attached to this post you will find the following information –
– Information letter for the young person
– Information letter for the parent of the young person
– Application form
– NYCA draft programme
– NYCA flyer
You can also find out more about the academy by watching a short film on YouTube – click here…
Please could you distribute the above information to the young coaches that you think would be interested in attending. The young people must be able to fulfil the following criteria –
– Be 16 – 19 years of age
– Hold the UKCC Level 1 Qualification in Badminton (or be working towards – must have completed by Dec 2012)
– Be actively coaching in a BADMINTON England Club, Community Badminton Network, County Badminton Association, Performance Centre or be a member of a Regional Youth Forum (and actively coaching).
– Be working with a support coach (BADMINTON England Registered Coach, at least Level 2 (or equivalent) qualified)
Applications must be received by Friday 7th September 2012.
The NYCA is completely free to the young person, apart from any travel expenses that they may incur getting to Loughborough. We will be able to offer bursaries to those young coaches coming from further afield so hopefully travel costs/times will not be prohibitive to their attendance.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Coaching Qualifications Manager
BADMINTON Englandd. 01908 268441
t. 01908 268400m. 07881 314431