Tyne & Wear Sport is establishing a free support group for local coaching & activity providers based or delivering in Tyne & Wear.The aims of the support group are:
- Informing providers about local funding opportunities.
- Notify providers of any local, regional & national programmes they may be able to get involved with e.g. Sportivate.
- Linking providers with local contacts to develop their organisation and coaching in Tyne & Wear (universities, local authorities, school sport, colleges, NGBs, Sports Coach UK, EFDS and many more.)
- Offer opportunities to make the network of partners in Tyne & Wear aware of their services.
- Raising the standards of coaching across Tyne & Wear.
- Offer providers support around recruiting, inducting, developing & utilising their coaches effectively.
- Signpost providers to relevant partners & organisations that can offer additional support.
- Keep providers up to date with the latest local, regional & national policies.
The group will be led by its members and offer support for providers to continue their delivery of high quality coaching across Tyne & Wear. The meetings will be breakfast meetings, allowing providers to attend and minimise the impact on their coaching day. To express your interest in attending this group please click here to complete our online expression of interest form.
If you would like to discuss the group in more detail or have any questions please contact Paul Thompson or call 0191 497 2325
Please feel free to forward this email onto any partners or organisations you feel may be interested in joining the group.
Tyne & Wear Sport is one of 49 County Sports Partnerships located across England. We are funded and supported by Sport England and a wide range of sub regional partners to co-ordinate activity and sports programmes in Tyne & Wear. For more information about us, click here.
For all aspects of coaching in Tyne & Wear