MINUTES OF THE LEAGUE FIXTURES MEETING OF NORTHUMBERLAND BADMINTON ASSOCIATION HELD AT THE TYNESIDE BADMINTON CENTRE ON SUNDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2013 AT 7.00 p.m.
The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming all club representatives present. All clubs competing in the Northumberland Leagues were represented apart from Chester-le-Street. The Chairman introduced representatives of 3 new clubs joining the Leagues, Hotspur (Alnwick), Signature (Newcastle), and Walbottle Nomads (Newcastle) and welcomed them to the meeting . Also present were the following members of Northumberland Badminton Association Management Committee: Mr R Pearson (Hon President), Mr S Abbott (Hon Vice Chairman), Mrs N Waterfield (Hon Secretary), Mr S Porter (Clubs Coordinator), Mrs A Thompson (League Secretary), and Mr M Waterfield (Registration Secretary).
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Mr D Gray, (NBA Hon Chairman), Miss J Brown (Hon Treasurer), and Mr R Taylor (Junior Coordinator and Business Coordinator).
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING
The Minutes of the previous League Fixtures Meeting, held on Sunday 9 September 2012, were approved by the club representatives present, and duly signed by the Chairman as a true record of the proceedings.
SENIOR LEAGUES – 2013-14
Mrs Thompson (League Secretary) welcomed the 3 new clubs to the Leagues. She then made the following points:
- It had not been easy to organise the Leagues for this season due to withdrawals (Northumbria University – all teams had been withdrawn and St Aidans JBC) and new teams joining.
- Clubs to let Mrs Thompson know if they have any new members who have moved clubs.
- Clubs to ensure that the correct signatures and correct Christian names are on Match Result Cards.
- A hard copy of the Results Card must still be forwarded to Mrs Thompson either by post or scanned as well as results being entered online.
- Clubs must ensure that people do not play up on higher teams too many times – this did happen last season.
- If a club is likely to turn up to a match with an ineligible third pair making up the numbers, it is advisable to let the opposition know beforehand as they may not agree to play against this pair.
- Clubs to let Mrs Thompson know if matches are rearranged.
CLUB/MATCH SECRETARY’S BOOKLET
- A few amendments to the booklet were noted.
- The Secretary of Wallsend Bewicke informed the meeting that the club is in the process of changing venue. The new venue will possibly be John Spence Community High School in North Shields – this will be confirmed with relevant opposing clubs in the near future.
The Chairman informed the meeting that all NBA tournaments (apart from a few graded tournaments hosted by clubs) and County matches would be at the TBC. Copies of a list of events were available for clubs to collect. Durham County First Team matches would also take place at the Centre.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no further business, the Hon Chairman thanked those present for attending. He then duly closed the meeting, inviting clubs to make their fixtures.