Northumberland Badminton Association Super Series 2013/14
- The NBA Super Series events are designed to provide a competition for Junior Club players in Northumberland and Tyne and Wear. This event suits those players who know the basic rules of the game (especially serving/court dimensions) and can rally, but have had limited exposure to competition outside their club or local area.
- The next Super Series event will be held at the Tyneside Badminton Centre, Bowness Road, Slatyford, NE5 2TA on:
Sunday 15th December 2013
- The event will run from 9.30 until 5pm
- Catering will be available during the event
- The competition will be split into the following age groups:
- Players can only enter one age group
- The Super Series events are predominantly aimed at junior club players. Players who have represent a county team may also enter, subject to the following guidelines:
- a player who has represented the county on more than one occasion in the previous season (2012/13) must play in the age group above that at which they have represented the county. For example, a player represents the county once at both U13 and U15 level in the season 2012/13 can play in the Super Series but only in the U18 event.
- In the event of insufficient entries for a girls event, if they wish to the girls can play in the boys’ event (which will be rebranded as an “open” event”). In this case, the previous rule regarding county representation will be waived and girls will play in their normal age group.
- Singles and doubles events will be held. Girl/boy combinations are accepted in the doubles events. There will be no specific mixed event
- Singles events will begin at 9.30 a.m. Players in the doubles events only should arrive at 1.30pm
- Competitors must report to the referee as soon as they arrive. Players not ready when called by the referee may be scratched
- The cost will be £5 for one event or £9 for both events
- Any club entering 3 or players in the boy’s singles will be entered in the NBA Club Boys Singles Cup, with the winner being the Club with the highest win percentage.
- Any club entering 3 or more players in the girl’s singles will be entered in the NBA Club Girls Singles Cup, with the winner being the Club with the highest win percentage
- Boys and Girls singles results will also be combined to produce an overall NBA Club Singles Junior Cup winner at the end of the season
- The organisers cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury sustained.
- Closing date for entries is Thursday 13th November 2013 at 9pm.