Our Super Series Tournaments are designed to provide competition for school children and Junior Club players . These tournaments suit those players who know the basic rules of the game (especially serving/court dimensions) and can rally, but have had limited exposure to competition outside their own club or local area. These tournaments are usually held at the Tyneside Badminton Centre.
- Tournaments run from 9.30am until 5pm.
- Players are split into the following age groups: U13 U15 U18
- Players can only enter one age group.
- The Super Series events are predominantly aimed at Junior Club players. Players who have represented a County team may also enter, subject to the following regulations:
- A player who has represented the County on more than one occasion in the previous season must play in the age group above the one at which they represented the county. If a player has represented the County at more than one age group, the oldest age group is used for this regulation.
- If there are not enough entries for a girls event, the girls can play in the boys event (which will be rebranded as an “open” event). In this case, the previous rule regarding County representation will not apply to the girls who will play in their normal age group.
- Singles and doubles events are held. There is no mixed event but girl/boy combinations are accepted in the doubles events.
- Singles are in the morning, doubles in the afternoon.
- The fees for these events are shown on the entry form on Tyneside Badminton Centre’s website.
- Any club entering 3 or more players in the boys singles will be entered in the NBA Club Boys Singles Cup, with the winner being the Club with the highest win percentage.
- Any club entering 3 or more players in the girls singles will be entered in the NBA Club Girls Singles Cup, with the winner being the Club with the highest win percentage.
- Boys and Girls singles results will also be combined to produce an overall NBA Club Singles Junior Cup winner at the end of the season.
Dates for Super Series Tournaments will be advertised on our website and also at the Tyneside Badminton Centre. Your club coach/organisers should also receive this information.
Tournament entry forms to be handed in at Reception at the Tyneside Badminton Centre, either by hand, by telephoning the Centre (0191 2415385) or by email.